Read our informative article in Community Magazine and learn about things to consider when caring for your roof.
11/30/15 – OSHA cites gutter cleaning company, proposes $108K in penalties
A Fairfield gutter and roof cleaning company has been cited for allegedly failing to protect workers from falls, according to the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Safety and Health Administration.
Ned Stevens Gutter Cleaning and General Contracting Inc. was cited for two repeat and four serious violations after May and October inspections at a pair of worksites, in Ridgewood and Carlstadt. The inspections found employees working from heights without fall protection, for which the company had been cited in 2013 and 2014, OSHA said.
“Ned Stevens was previously cited for allowing employees to work on roofs without fall protection,” Lisa Levy, director of OSHA’s Hasbrouck Heights Area Office, said in a prepared statement. “This company has once again jeopardized worker safety by failing to provide the appropriate equipment to prevent injuries and save lives, which is intolerable.”
In addition, workers were exposed to electrical hazards and lacked eye and face protection, among other violations.
OSHA proposed $108,200 in penalties for the violations.
“The fall season is a busy time for gutter cleaning,” Levy said. “It is crucial for Ned Stevens to acknowledge its responsibility to ensure a safe and healthful workplace, or be prepared to be held legally responsible for failing to do so.”
Ned Stevens had 15 days from receipt of the citations to accept or contest them, or request a meeting with OSHA officials.
- 3/3/15 – Magna-Bon Distributors, LLC., Sarasota, FL has established a sales and distribution agreement with specialty chemical manufacturer Magna-Bon® Agricultural Solutions, Inc. to distribute their product line of EPA Registered solutions. Each product is specifically formulated to safely control algae and bacteria in lakes, ponds, reservoirs and irrigation canals. And cost-effective systemic control of fungi and bacteria in landscape and golf course irrigation systems, ornamentals and turf grasses.
- 3/12/15 – Attended the CAI South Gulf Coast Chapter, social networking event in Ft. Myers, Florida. Held at the beautiful Cypress Lake Country Club and overlooking a lush landscape with stunning views of their legendary golf course. Many thanks to Howie Ames for the invitation, warm welcome and tasty appetizers. We are looking forward to exhibiting on April 2, 2015 at the Alico Arena.
- 2/24/15 – Welcome Florida Southern Roofing our newest Authorized Roof-A-Cide® Applicator. Florida Southern Roofing, has over 65 years of ownership experience, three generations of expert design and craftsmanship, integrity and dependable 24hr. emergency services. Serving residential and commercial customers in Sarasota, Manatee, Pinellas and Hillsborough counties.
- 2/23/15 – Roof-A-Cide West recently joined the CAI Suncoast Chapter of St. Petersburg – Tampa, Florida. We attended their monthly breakfast meeting and were warmly welcomed by the members. And had the opportunity to introduce our company and Roof-A-Cide products to the chapter members and service providers.
Welcome to Roof-A-Cide West!
Roof-A-Cide West, Distributors 2015 UPCOMING EVENTS – Be sure to visit us at:
- CAI Suncoast Chapter – Thursday, September 10, 2015 8:00 – 10:00 AM Breakfast meeting and Legislative Update at the Marriot Hotel & Conference Center – 12600 Roosevelt Boulevard, St. Petersburg, Fl. Wednesday, September 30, 2015 8:00 – 10:00 AM Pasco County Breakfast Program at Spartan Manor – 6121 Massachusetts Avenue, New Port Richey, Fl. Wednesday, October 28, 2015 8:00 AM – 10:00 AM Legal Q & A – Pasco County Breakfast Program Spartan Manor – 6121 Massachusetts Avenue, New Port Richey Thursday, November 12, 2015 8:00 AM – 10:00 AM Legal Q & A – Pinellas Breakfast Program Marriott Hotel – 12600 Roosevelt Blvd., St. Petersburg, FL
Thursday, December 3, 2015 4:00 PM – 7:00 PM Holiday Social at Marriott Hotel – 12600 Roosevelt Blvd., St. Petersburg, FL
CAI West Florida Chapter – Wednesday, August 5, 2015 7:30 AM – 9:30 AM Breakfast meeting at Polo Club – 10670 Boardwalk Loop Lakewood Ranch, FL 34202 Thursday, CAI Social & Networking Event – August 27, 2015 5:00 PM – 7:00 PM at Tara Golf & Country Club 6602 Drewry’s Bluff Bradenton, FL 34203 Wednesday, September 2, 2015 7:30 AM – 9:30 AM Breakfast meeting at Polo Club – 10670 Boardwalk Loop Lakewood Ranch, FL 34202
- CAI South Gulf Coast Chapter – Thursday, July 16, 2015 CAI Social & Networking Event 5:00 PM – 7:00 PM at Cypress Lake Country Club, 6767 Winkler Rd, Fort Myers, FL. Friday, July 31, 2015 – 7:30 AM – 10:00 AM Breakfast meeting at Artichoke & Co. Restaurant 11920 Saradrienne Ln, Bonita Springs, FL 34135. CEU Seminar 7:30 AM -10:00am.
Roofing & Sheet Metal Expo – HOA, Condo & Apartment Expo
FRSA’s Annual Convention Roofing and Sheet Metal Expo – “Building on a Strong Foundation” – July 17-18, 2015 at the Hyatt Regency Orlando & Orange County Convention Center, Orlando, FL
- 8/21/15 – FRSA Convention and Trade Expo OCCC Orlando, FL Highlights video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_oq8cz0z_k8
- 9/1/15 – Business Managers International 2015 Tradeshow – October 22, 2015. 1-4pm at Germain Arena, Estero, FL.
- 9/1/15 – Business opportunity. Pensacola area established Pressure Washing/roof cleaning company. Authorized Roof-A-Cide® Applicator Treatment services in Escambia, Okaloosa and Santa Rosa counties. Contact our office for more information. 877.258.8998
- The Western and Central Florida Cooperator HOA, Condo, Co-op and Apartment Expo, December 10, 2015. Booth# 235 at The Tampa Convention Center, Tampa, FL.
- HOA and Condo Community Contractors – Don’t miss this opportunity to meet with us; we can answer your questions and explain the benefits of the Authorized Roof-A-Cide ® Applicator program. Stop by our booth and say hello. We can help you grow your business.Contractor opportunities in; Pensacola, Tallahassee, Gainesville, Ocala, The Villages, Lakeland, Tampa, St. Petersburg, Ft. Myers and Naples.